Tapping a barrel can get a bit messy so please tap in an area that can get wet
TO RETURN THE ALE HAND PULL, PLEASE PUT IT BACK IN ITS SENT PACKAGING AND SECURELY CLOSE IT WITH THE CABLE TIES PROVIDED TO AVOID ANY DAMAGE AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
- Stand the cask up so that the cap is facing towards the sky
- Using a mallet and a sharp tipped object (screwdriver or similar) gently pierce the plastic/rubber cap (some ale may come out at this time, its noth-ing to worry about).
- Once the cap has successfully been pierced the opening should be wide enough to insert the metal rod which is attached to the rubber pipe from the tap.
- Stand this metal rod in the cask – NOTE: ensure that it is NOT a tight fit (air still needs to get into the cask through the gap between the metal rod and the opening of the cask)
- Using the clamp screws attached to the bottom of the beer tap, clamp the tap onto your bar counter/table
- Once attached place the drip tray into the holder on the tap/pump.
- Gently pull the pump handle towards you. Using this motion, you will initially be pulling air through the pump before the ale starts to come through
Your final set up should look like this. ENJOY!